Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course (Evening)
Date(s) - 15/09/2014 - 26/09/2014
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Step Up Training HQ
The BCSS Course is a mandatory training course for individuals who are to undertake the role of a supervisor in the building and construction industry.
The course would be appropriate for individuals with job titles such as: construction site supervisors & foreman, clerk of works and site engineers; or
Engineering graduates or individuals with diploma qualifications and above who wish to work in the construction industry
The aim of this course is to equip the trainee with adequate safety and health training on essential skills and knowledge in the construction industry, preparing him to undertake the role as a supervisor to oversee or supervise any work or process carried out in the worksite.
34 Hours including 4 hours of Assessment (4 days or 10 Evenings)
- Explain the safety and health duties and responsibilities of a Building Supervisor
- Outline safety planning and organization at worksite
- Explain salient WSH legislations for worksites
- Identify job hazards and apply control measures for a construction site including working at height, demolition, excavation, piling, fire, mechanical & electrical, material handling and occupational health hazards
- Assist in carrying out risk assessment for construction activities
- Conduct safety inspections
- Identify the causes of accidents and recommend preventive measures
- Conduct investigation and prepare an incident report
- Explain the elements of WSH Management System
Assume Skill & Knowledge
Employability Skills System (ESS) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
Medium of Instruction
Lecture, Case Studies
Results will be release 3 weeks after course ends. A Safety Pass and Certificate of Achievement endorsed by Step Up Training Pte Ltd will be issued to all participants after the release of results
|Price per pax (Weekend)||
|Price per pax (Weekday)||
|Price per pax (Evening)||
SDF/ SME/ WTS Funding (For Corporate Registrations):
- Participants must attend at least 75% of the course and complete the exam
- Customers who are applying for the funding for trainee(s), please make enrollment in Skills Connect website before registration
- WTS funding only applies to company-sponsored trainee who is 35 year old and above with a monthly income of $1,900 and below.
WTS for individual:
- Self-Initiated trainees (sign up training on their own, without employer’s sponsorship) can access funding support at Service Touch-points (Self Help Groups/WDA Career Centres at CDCs) within 180 days before or up to 30 days after course commencement date.
- For more information, you may refer to www.workfare.sg
- For more information on SDF Training Grant Application, please click here
Bookings are closed for this event.